Our daughter was born on Monday via somewhat emergent C Section. The Version was unsuccessful (and very painful!) and even though I was on some meds (terbutaline) to slow my uterine contractions, they still sped up and were 6 to 7 minutes apart by the time we were done. Our options at that point were to have a C section that day, or very early Tuesday morning. They warned us that if we waited until morning, I might go into labor on my own and the cord would probably be pushed out first. That would put Daughter at risk, so the decision was easy but heart breaking.
Mat has been absolutely amazing. With the unplanned C Section, baby blues hit me pretty hard yesterday. He's my rock.
We got home yesterday. We're all sleep deprived. My milk has come in very well and Daughter is breast feeding OK... she should be doing better but she keeps slipping now that I'm producing so much. So It's been a few feedings since a good latch. Also, Mat has to help each time so we're "Team Family" working at getting Daughter enough to eat. We've got a pump and we're seriously considering pumping and giving her a bottle just so that she gets all the milk... we're meeting with lactation today and hopefully Monday. Hopefully we can get this figured out!
Here are some pics :)
She's beautiful and perfect, though!