Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Quilting with my peeps!

Last weekend I went on a crafting retreat with my moms church.  It was the church that I grew up at and I go every year (and also to the quilting retreat), so I know most of the ladies.  It was a blast!
My mom and me in our Christmas T's

Good life-long friends crafting together :)

Wall of projects
 The quilt on the left and the table centerpiece that I'm holding where made from scraps.  I'm finally using up my scraps!  And my charm packs... the quilt in the center was a Twirl by Moda charm pack (made one just like it with Bungle Jungle by Moda).  The two mini aprons are birthday gifts for our Goddaughter and her sister.

The table piece was the scraps left over from the quilts I made my Goddaughter and her sister a couple years ago.  I had small 1" strips left so I just made some Courthouse Steps blocks and sewed them together.  It's really cute and just in time for Valentines day!

A couple of my friends are having babies.  They are not finding out the gender, which I respect, but it makes it harder to make baby quilts! I have 3 now- well, they still need to be basted, quilted, and bound... so I'll be one ahead once they're done!
Excited mama's home!
It was so much fun.  I can't wait until the quilting retreat next fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment