Wednesday, October 4, 2017

We've got eggs!

I've noticed the roosters doing their *ahem* adult thing lately (and I don't mean crowing!) so I figured the hens would start laying soon.

We put a golf ball in each of the two nesting boxes because we were told it encourages egg laying there. I've been checking the nesting boxes daily and convinced that every mushroom around the yard is an egg. 

Tonight while putting them in the coop I noticed the roosters mounted twice!  That's pretty randy, if you ask me!  So I was convinced that I just hadn't found the eggs yet.  I looked in the corners of the coop and.... *drumroll please*

That's 8 eggs!!!

I've no clue how long they've been sitting there, so we're definitely going to test for freshness before eating them. 



We put an egg in each of the nesting boxes. A hen came up to check it out before I could take a picture!  (Note the useless golf balls have been removed from nests)


I think there are three distinct shapes to the 6 eggs we brought in, which means all three hens are laying!

I'm so excited!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment