Tuesday, April 2, 2013

He is Risen!

We had a wonderful Easter weekend.  It was Daughter's first Easter!  I kept telling her about the resurrection and how what that means for us, and she certainly heard some of the Word at church, but I'm really excited about next Easter.  When, not only will we be able to watch her face as we tell her these things, but we'll be able to pick out an Easter dress (or maybe make?  I love to sew but have never made a dress).  Even Mat was oohing and awing at the adorable little girls in their Easter dresses :)

I got her "Easter Basket" stuff... but I just forgot to put it into an Easter basket... my mom did an Easter basket for each of the grandkids and included Daughter :)

Back up a bit... we went down to the cities on Thursday.  On Friday, we got to go see "The Croods" with my parents and my nephews.  It was so much fun!  I really miss them, but I'm sure they'll love and value their time with us up here more. 

On Friday night I got to go out to eat with some other ladies I met online from NEDC.  One of them, Baby On Mind is just starting the process.  The other has twins from NEDC.  It was so amazing to be able to talk with them and share experiences!  Seriously, so great to meet those ladies!  :)

I also went fabric shopping with my mom (the quilters in us need to get started before Daughter gets here!), went out and saw friends, and crazily cleaned our house down there for selling. 

A very busy weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. I love that you and your family got your daughter Easter presents. It is so exciting to imagine what life will be like in a year, isn't it?! I'm glad to read that you enjoyed a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a really great time meeting up with you too! Can't wait till we get to meet your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun on many fronts! And praise God that Jesus lives!

    ReplyDelete