Monday, November 12, 2012

We're here!

We have two days to relax and hike around Smoky Mountains before the transfer.  Today was awesome!  We took a picnic lunch in a back pack and ate on the mountain.  We saw deer... two of them were maybe 30 yards away while we ate.  One was at least an 8 pointer!  (8 countable points, maybe some smaller points that we couldn't see)

We drove up to the old mill in Cade's Cove from the early 1900s and wandered around there.  It was pretty neat.

Then we went to a quilt shop.  Mat had searched for one online last night (because he's just so darn sweet!) and I picked out 3 new fabrics to put in our future babies quilts :) 

When we were at the quilt shop I looked at my phone (which hadn't been working in the park) and I had a message from Nancy at NEDC.  It's all set for Wednesday and we're supposed to be there at 8:15 :)

Prayers are apreciated :D

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to hear how your transfer goes...will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!!!!!! PRAYING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! Eeep! I don't think I'll sleep very well tonight... so exciting! Prayers help so much, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete