Sunday, October 26, 2014

Malia and the no good, terrible, very bad day

Yep. One of those days.

It started with Daughter waking me at around 7. I got her fed, got ready and started baking a cake for Reformation Sunday Bratluck. While it was baking, and Daughter was playing, I got ready and logged onto Facebook. 

I scrolled through the newsfeed page and one of my friends had written something about nearly forgetting that it was daylight savings today. Oh my gosh!  Daylight savings!  I checked my google calendar and sure enough, it was daylight savings!

So I changed out of my church clothes (who wants to walk around an extra hour in dress clothes when you can be comfortable, right?) and changed all the clocks back. 

I told Mat excitedly that we have an extra hour! 
"Really? My phone didn't change..."
So I checked my phone. It didn't change either...

I checked my google calendar again, yup daylight savings was today. But also next week....

Turns out my calendar also has Norwegian holidays and daylight savings time is today in Europe- where my FB friend lives. 

So that was the start. 

The end was me deciding that I didn't need to bring my purse to Bible study. I was bringing Daughter and carrying her, a diaper bag, and a purse is a bit much. So I clipped my keys onto my jeans and stuck my wallet in the diaper bag. I had Daughter bathed and ready and got there early!  

After Bible study I was heading home when I realized that I didn't have my house keys. Just my car keys... So I went to call him... No phone. 

So I turned around and went back to the parsonage. Used Pastor's phone to call Mat, who had already left for work, and waited while Daughter had some small meltdowns. Pastor and his wife (who hosts the women's Bible study) were very gracious about the whole thing and their kids helped me look out the window for Mat.  He came, I got the keys, and I came home. 

No cell phone, I drove much more cautiously!  About 1.5 miles away from our house, a deer jumped out on front of my car!  Thank God I didn't hit it!

So yeah, bad day. I need some chocolate. 

1 comment:

  1. Gotta hate those no good days!! Hope today is better!! =)

    ReplyDelete