Friday, October 23, 2015

Potty training boot camp drop out :(

We tried... Oh how we tried!

In hind sight, she was not ready. I wanted her to be. I wanted to have her potty trained before the transfer so that we wouldn't have to deal with potty training while I am (hopefully) pregnant. 

Did not work. 

Oh goodness... It did not work. 

This was actually my second attempt. I gave it three days because that's the "boot camp" I've heard of. Day one- hard with lots of laundry. Day two- somewhat easier, just as much laundry. Day three- they start to get it!

Not my experience at all. 

Day one was on course... Day two was actually harder. Twice within one hour she actually climbed off the potty to pee. What?!?  Didn't see that one coming. Day three there were no successes. None. She woke up wet, went to the potty, nothing, ate breakfast, wet herself... It went downhill from there. 

She doesn't get it. From what I've read since starting the boot camp, the child has to ask to be changed after a poop or needs to hide during one in irder to be ready. Daughter does neither. She still poops at the dinner table sometimes. 

I'm sad. But also happy to be doing less laundry now...

3 comments:

  1. I remember those frustrating days! Hang in there. She'll get it one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malia,
    Don't feel rushed into potty training. I did it with both of my girls just after they turned two, and it ended up taking awhile. With my son I waited until he was 2 1/2 and it took two days, no problem. And in many ways, until they can hold it awhile, it's easier to have them in diapers. :)
    I am praying for your transfer! --Kj

    ReplyDelete